Shoulder Pain Treatments in Arlington
Shoulder pain is a fairly common problem for many of the patients we see at Arkansas Pioneer Chiropractic Health Centre. Shoulder pain generally stems from several underlying conditions. Pain in the shoulders can be due to many dysfunctions including rotator cuff abnormalities and inflammatory pain. Shoulder pain may also be due to muscle spasm and joint arthritis. Our chiropractic doctors and therapists will proper identify the cause of your shoulder pain and apply the best suited treatment for you.
Causes of Shoulder Pain:
- Rotator Cuff Injury – The rotator cuff is a very delicate and injury prone area, muscles and tendons in the rotator cuff are generally very fragile. The the smallest movements such as reaching behind your seat in a car or lifting up a weighted object the wrong way can trigger tears and stress in the area causes the patient debilitating pain.
- Brachial Plexopathy -This syndrome describes pain and weakness associated with compression of the brachial plexus, which is a large grouping of nerves extending from the neck into the arms. The brachial plexus can become injured by compression of muscles, bone, trauma, tumor, or inflammation and movement of the neck and shoulder can worsen the pain symptoms.
- Tennis Elbow – Is a painful condition that occurs when tendons in your elbow are overworked, usually by repetitive motions of the wrist and arm.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome – (CTS) refers to a common, specific pattern of hand discomfort, numbness, or paresthesia (burning discomfort) that occurs along the palm into the fingers and wrist.
- Arthritis – Joint degeneration, inflammation and stiffness can cause shoulder pain.
- Frozen Shoulder – Stiffness and pain in your shoulder joint. Signs and symptoms typically begin gradually, worsen over time. Your risk of developing frozen shoulder increases if you’re recovering from a medical condition or procedure that affects the mobility of your arm — such as a stroke or a mastectomy
Shoulder Pain Treatment
Once properly diagnosed, we provide you with optimal treatment options to help your condition and bring you out of pain as soon as possible. Below are some of our treatment options offered :
- Spinal Adjustments – Regular spinal adjustments put the body in correct posture alignment and helps to relieve muscle strain.
- Spinal Decompression – Pinch nerved in the neck and shoulders can be relieved through the treatment of spinal decompression.
- Shockwave Therapy – Shockwave therapy uses high-intensity sound waves to interact with tissues of the body. Breaking down toxins in muscle fibers, stimulating muscle growth and reversing inflammation.
- Massage Therapy – Massaging and stretching the muscle can relieve pain and tension in the neck, shoulder, arm, and hand muscles. Massage increases blood flow to the muscles and helps to promote flexibility in the body’s strained areas allowing proper function. Also over time massage therapy works to bring the body into proper posture position which prevents future pain and can eliminated risk of certain conditions.