Neck Pain Relief in Arlington
Neck pain is a very common occurrence in today’s society; many of us spend hours a day hunched over a computer or work station. This can raise the shoulders out of alignment and over time create muscular imbalances which lead to neck and shoulder pain. To complicate this most of the population’s posture is off due to the constant imbalances placed on the body through our daily routine. Wear and tear arthritis can also become a common cause of neck pain.
Neck pain can start off minor but if not properly treated it may develop in a more serious condition, symptoms of shooting pain may arise overtime. In some cases numbness and loss of strength or in hands and arms can develop.
Neck pain can develop from:
- Repetitive motion – Constantly sitting at a computer using the mouse and keyboard in a hunched over position or leaning forward in a car while driving hours at a time can lead to neck pain developed by muscle strains.
- Muscle Strains – Can develop from repetitive motion, quick unexpected movements, even sleeping with the neck in a certain position can cause muscle strains throughout the neck and shoulders.
- Age – Age contributes to warn out joints, overtime repetitive movement of the joints provides wear and tear which weaken the joint and may lead to neck pain.
- Compressed and Herniated Discs – Nerve compression in the neck and back can lead to neck pain and soreness if not properly treated.
- Injuries – Sports injuries, auto accidents, and even working out improperly can lead to neck pain if too much stress is applied to the neck.
Neck Pain Treatments
Arlington Pioneer Chiropractic Health Centre provides a number of options to stop your pain and prevent it from coming back. Listed below are some of our neck pain treatments.
- Spinal Decompression – Spinal decompression can relieve pinched nerves in the back, which can create pain up the back and into the neck and shoulders.
- Shockwave Therapy – Shockwave therapy uses high-intensity sound waves to interact with tissues of the body. Breaking down toxins in muscle fibers, stimulating muscle growth and reversing inflammation.
- Massage Therapy – Massaging and stretching the muscles of then neck and remove tension, pain and stress. Massage increases blood flow to the muscles and helps to promote flexibility allowing the neck to function correctly and gain proper posture. Trigger point massage can also relieve trigger points in the neck.
- Spinal Adjustments – Regular spinal adjustments put the body in correct posture alignment and helps to relieve muscle strain.
Our chiropractic doctors and therapists will identify the cause of your neck pain and provide an individualized treatment program to reduce pain and return you to your regular standard of living.