Chiropractic care can do much more than just relieve back and neck pain. It’s great for that, but the drug-free and non-invasive treatment option can also help with many other conditions.
How it Works
The goal of chiropractic adjustments is to help the body heal itself without drugs or surgery. The nervous system in the spine controls every cell and organ in the body, so if the spine shifts out of place, the body gets out of whack.
An adjustment places the body in the proper position to restore homeostasis. Because the adjustment releases energy that was causing pain, the body can use that energy to prevent further injury.
Since chiropractic care triggers the body to heal, it is often a complimentary treatment for several health conditions.
Research has shown chiropractic care can help:
- Treat Headaches: Headaches are one of the most common reasons people go to chiropractors. Adjustments can clear up both tension and migraine headaches without drugs.
- Control Blood Pressure: Studies have shown a chiropractic adjustment in the upper neck is effective in treating high blood pressure. It’s called an atlas adjustment.
- Increase Energy: The adjustment reduces tension in the spine and frees up nerves to do other things.
- Improve Digestion: The nerves that run up and down the spine also control how your stomach and digestive system operate. If the spine is aligned improperly, the nerves can begin signaling for more acid production. This can cause gas, heartburn, and acid reflux.
- Better Breathing: Your lungs rely on nerve function to function at their best. Misalignment of the spine can lead to lung abnormalities, even asthma.
- Ease Pregnancy Symptoms: Weight increase in the core can place pressure on a pregnant woman’s spine. Chiropractic care can help overall health for moms. Some studies have also shown pregnant women who received chiropractic care spend less time in labor than women who did not see a chiropractor.
- Relieve Stress, Improve Mood and Sleep: Pain can cause stress, both mental and physical. Relieving pain can help reduce tension. The more-relaxed feeling will go straight to the brain, making you more able to handle stress. The same goes for an improved mood overall. Less stress and tension can also improve sleep.
Part of a Care Plan
Chiropractors work with other healthcare professionals on an overall health plan for their patients. They often direct patients to consult with nutritionists, physical therapists, trainers, massage therapists, and others to help people come up with a wellness plan that is right for them. After a thorough evaluation, the doctors at Arkansas Pioneer Chiropractic will work with you to relieve your pain and help you reach your health goals. Contact us today.